Traditional customs are brought back to life, and rural cuisine dishes rediscovered. So there are traditional dishes like pressed dumplings and Schlutzkrapfen [Tyrolean ravioli] in almost all South Tyrolean cuisine. On the other hand gourmet chefs are adopting original recipes and transforming once simple dishes into culinary delights.
One of these cultural events, the “Terner Schmelzpfandl”, commemorates the tradition of the sunny village of Terenten as the granary of Puster Valley. So you can experience the important events in the rural calendar all year round with: sowing in spring, Mühlenfest and harvest in Summer and Almabetrieb [mountain-meadow homecoming] as a special highlight in October.
In October guest houses and farms in Terenten host a gastronomic week “Terner Bauernkuchl”. During this culinary week traditional, somewhat forgotten dishes, are discovered once again and served to the guests.
- Hiking and climbing paradise in the surrounding Dolomites
- Nature bathing pond Issinger Weiher in Issing
- Golf club Val Pusteria with 9-hole course in Riscone (www.golfpustertal.com)
- High rope course "Kronaction" in Issing (www.kronaction.com)
- Folklore museum in Dietenheim (www.volkskundemuseum.it)
- Messner Mountain Museum RIPA at the Brunico Castle (www.messner-mountain-museum.it)
- SouthTyrol Museum of Archaeology with ÖTZI, the iceman (www.iceman.it)
- Ski mountain Plan de Corones: 100 kilometres of ski pistes (www.kronplatz.com) and further ski areas of Dolomiti Superski (www.dolomitisuperski.com)
- Cross-country ski trails in Riscone near Brunico (5 km)
- Pool and sauna world "Cron4" in Riscone (www.cron4.it)
- Biathlon in Anterselva: professionals also train here
- Numerous toboggan runs in the surroundings
Attractions in Terento: www.terenten.com